.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Elton John on Fatherhood: 'I Love the Smell of Nappies'

 Sir Elton John is finding fatherhood the most "relaxing" experience - because he loves changing nappies and singing lullabies to his baby. The singer and his partner David Furnish became parents to little Zachary at 2010 Christmas, and the Rocket Man insists his first month of fatherhood has been blissful.

He tells WENN, "It's fantastic! I love the smell of nappies. It's been the most wonderful thing that's probably ever happened to me after meeting David. Surprisingly it's been very relaxing because this little soul that you're feeding and you're changing and you're bathing and you're telling bedtime stories to is a blank
canvas and all it needs is love and nurturing and it's just the most wonderful feeling."

Elton John is urging fans to take signs to his concerts - because now he's had his eyesight corrected, he can read them. The "Nikita" rocker insists touring is more fun for him now than it was when he was younger - because he's no longer high backstage, alone in hotel rooms and he can see the faces of his fans.

He explains, "I had my eyes done about eight years ago; I had replacement lens surgery because I was so blind... Now I have 20/20 vision and I can see all the signs that the fans have, all the album sleeves - and it makes a difference. I really appreciate my performing so much better now as I get older than I did. I don't take it for granted anymore."

Elton admits he even looks forward to tours: "When I come offstage now I have a balance in my life. Until I found that in 1990 I came off stage and I didn't know what to do with myself. Now I fly home every night after a show and I get back in my own bed. I have a wonderful partner in David (Furnish), I have wonderful friends. I can remember things. I don't take drugs anymore."

"It's a whole new world out there. I could remember the words to the songs; it's great! It's just sensational what's happened to me in the last few years. The older I get, I think I'm singing better live."